1,5tbs brown miso paste
1tbs ginger, chopped finely
1tbs sesame oil
2tbs oil for frying
Sesame seeds to garnish
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for marinade.
- Add the scallops into the marinade and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry about 5 scallops at a time for 60 seconds each side. Keep warm and fry the rest of the scallops.
- Using two pans will speed the frying time.
- Serve with green salad or watercress and garnish with sesame seeds.
If you like mushrooms, slice a handful of mushrooms and sauté with a little bit of the marinade as there is plenty, leave aside and then fry the scallops.
Stir fried broccoli or wilted spinach using this marinade would be another nice side dish option.