INGREDIENTS 5 leeks, sliced finely (1-1,2kg)
3tbs mild oil
300g double cream
1tbs parsley or tarragon, chopped finely
pinch of mace
450g crab meat, white or mix of white and brown
6 lasagne sheets
salt and pepper to taste
squeeze of lime
HOW TO PREPARE
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the leeks, cover, and cook gently for about 10 minutes till they are softened but not browned.
- Turn off the heat, season well with salt and pepper. Stir in the cream and the parsley. Gently mix in the crab meat and mace.
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- Using a bread loaf tine spoon a layer of the crab mixture on the bottom of the pan then lay a sheet of lasagne and repeat. Spread the breadcrumbs on the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the lasagne feels tender when you poke a fork in.
- Serve with lime veggies and salad leaves.