Serves: Makes 4
Time: 120 mins
300g strong flour
2tsp fast action yeast
1tsp of salt
1tbs butter, melted
150ml lukewarm milk
1tbs Nigella seeds (optional)
2-3tbs extra butter for brushing
- In a large bowl mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar.
- Add the butter, milk and yogurt, stir well to make a dough.
- Put the dough in a mixer with a dough hook attachment and mix until dough is firm but elastic. Alternatively knead by hand for at least 10 minutes adding flour and water if necessary.
- Shape the dough into a ball and put it in a large clean bowl. Cover and leave in a warm place until its doubled in size, for about an hour.
- The dough should feel puffy and soft.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Line the baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Place the dough on a work surface and divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Using a roll pin, roll each piece of the dough into a teardrop shape.
- Brush the naan with melted butter and sprinkle with Nigella seeds or leave plain.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden-brown and cooked through.