Makes approximately 40
160g granulated sugar
500g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
How to prepare
- Place the butter, sugar and honey ina saucepan and melt on medium heat till all ingredients are well combined and sugar has melted. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients and add the honey mixture.
- Add the eggs and make a non-sticky dough. Add extra flour if needed
- Wrap in a cling-film and leave in fridge for at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a baking sheet with silicone paper or baking parchment.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 5mm. Using a pastry cutter cut out various shapes. Knead the leftover scraps of dough into a ball and roll it out again into a 5mm thick sheet and repeat the whole process till you have used all of the dough.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheets, brush the biscuits with beaten eggs and bake for 7-10 minutes or until they start to change colour.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three weeks..